Heavy Music Artwork is fully aware of copyright laws. All covers & artwork contained within the www.heavymetalartwork.com site are provided for illustrative and for informative purposes only. All files and artworks are the property of their respective authors. If the user, download files from the site, must accept any and all liability arising from such use. Heavy Music Artwork and the Webmaster cannot be held responsible for any damage or problems caused by downloading any of the copyrighted cover artwork from the site. Some literary works are free from copyrights and are available to distribute without restrictions.
Use of images owned by others
Images of artworks held under copyright by others are used here on the basis of ‘fair use’. This is because (in the words of Wikipedia):
- The works shown are of an historical significance that could not be conveyed in words
- Inclusion is for information, education and analysis only
- Their inclusion in the articles adds significantly to the articles because they show the subject, or the work of the subject, of the articles
- The image is a low-resolution copy of the original work and would be unlikely to impact sales of prints or be usable as a desktop backdrop
- The owning institution is clearly stated and linked to, and visitors to Heavymetalartwork.com are encouraged to go and visit the institutions wherever possible
Heavymetalartwork.com fair use rationale:
- It is an historically significant artwork
- The image is only being used for informational and educational purposes
- The image is readily available on the internet
- The image is a low resolution copy of the original artwork and is unsuitable for commercial use
Artworks protected by copyright are supposed to be used only for contemplation. Images of that type of artworks are prohibited for copying, printing, or any kind of reproducing and communicating to public since these activities may be considered copyright infringement.
Heavy Music Artwork rights details
Works produced by Heavymetalartwork.com such as interviews, articles and reviews, fall under the Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs CC BY-NC-ND license.